Sunday 25 May 2008

The Night

Eurovision is over for one year. Russia won. I think it was a good final though to be honest, I didn't really hear much of the songs because there were so many people there that it got kind of noisy. Israel was therefore the best because he was the nicest one to just look at.

There ended up being four Finnish people at the Hancock so we shouted for Finland in a way that would make Teräsbetoni proud and my parents ashamed. The place seemed invaded by Norwegians who supported their country with due enthusiasm. But it was cool, a very good atmosphere. Even Jenny enjoyed the night and she really doesn't like Eurovision.

After the Eurovision we continued to Madison's to invade their dancefloor. I have no idea where most of the people disappeared, at one point there was a huge crowd of us going there and the next thing I know is that there's only 8 or 10 of us. But yeah, I suppose you could say that I wasn't as observant as I normally might have been. To end an excellent night Jenny and I got a taxi that had party lights that lit up to the music so the party continued in the taxi.

All in all an excellent night to rival the infamous 2006 Eurovision night, even though Finland didn't win this time. Next year I'm going to Moscow if it is in any way possible.

I would attach pictures but I left the usb-cord in Finland so they'll be added at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment