Sunday 6 April 2008

Little things in life

Today it's snowing. I don't usually talk about weather when I'm in Newcastle simply because I rarely leave my room. I have a window but I keep the blind down all the time because a) the window is mouldy and b) it gets drafty and blind keeps it a bit warmer. So I don't really see the weather action that much. But today I went to get something to eat, one those occasions that require me to go outside the house - delivery would be too much like fatty-action, and it's proper blizzard outside. And of course today being Sunday, busses go very rarely and the one I'm aiming for is always early so it's gone by the time I get there and the next one is always late. Murphy's law. But the point being I got soaked.

But then I get to shop, my feet are wet and am cold all over, get my stuff and suddenly chocolate chip cookies seem tempting. So I buy them, get home after getting a bit more wet on the way and open that bag of cookies and the whole thing was worth it.

Now I start work in about 3.5 hours so I've got a few more hours of bliss ahead of me. Project Runway is calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment