Sunday 9 March 2008

Oh the pain...

I'm still in the process of writing my dissertation and today was a rare day when I didn't have uni or work. But I had no inspiration and in addition to that, I went to work first at the library but all the computers were taken and there were loads of those people hanging around, waiting for one to become available. Then I headed to the Old Library Building which was pretty much empty except that the air there was so stuffy and it was so hot that I felt sick. Then I moved on to Bedson building. I stayed there for an hour and managed to get some work done but then the people kept coming in, people kept talking and some even played with a football or something so it was hardly a quiet study area.

But when I managed to get home, not only do I realise that I forgot to send the latest version of the whole thing to my email but I also continued to feel really ill. I still do actually. So no progress there. I do however intend to be finished by Wednesday which only means that I have to work hard until then. I will be skipping my East Asian Political Thought lectures this week because of it. Also, despite being interesting, I feel that the lecturer is trying to convert us rather than teach us and it is putting me off a bit. I hardly need to be into Confucianism to study it, do I? I mean I really hate realism but that doesn't mean I don't know it.

I've had loads of shifts at work, I think I actually did something like 26 hours last week which I think is quite impressive. But on Thursday I managed to bust my wrist twice so can't do the café with Häagen Dazs for a while. Instead I worked at the screens and have seen the endings of almost all the films showing at the moment... The Other Boleyn Girl seems really good and I intend to actually go and see the whole thing when I've got time. Some of the people at work seem really cool as well, so it's a nice environment in general. I wouldn't continue there after June though if I would stay in Newcastle. The actual work is a bit too simple, I just can't be that bothered whether or not there's two flavours of the same ice cream on display and whether or not I've put enough froth on the capuccino (HINT: if I'm on the cafe, DON'T order a capuccino, I suck!).

So yea, anyway, I also hurt my finger today with out downstairs door because it is seriously horrible. And with the wrist added, I'm pretty much on my way to destroying my right hand. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment