Monday 9 February 2009

Time guildens the memories

Today I missed Newcastle University and hated Maastricht's Uni. Reason? Uni Maas does not believe I graduated from Newcastle. Seriously. I have given them my transcripts, diploma, everything they requested. But apparently I only delivered them to the registrar's while I should have also known to send the exact same documents to my faculty. Why they don't have a centralised system is beyond me but nevertheless. I then went to show my BA Diploma in person, the original with holograms and watermarked paper and everything. The woman in adminstration did not think it was real!!!! Reason? The signatures weren't handwritten. Obviously they expect from a university of 17,000 students for the vice-chancellor to handwrite his signature on every single diploma... I mean there was an easy solution, I emailed my former faculty in Newcastle to send some proof to Maastricht and they replied immediately today that they have now sent it. So thumbs up for Newcastle. But Uni Maas gets shitty reviews from me.

Yea, so in Newcastle I loved the university but hated the country. In Maastricht I love the city but hate the university.

In other news, today I was just walking home from the university and on the bridge there was a group of teenaged Dutch boys. They had two fancy cameras and as I passed them by they took my picture! And started taking more. I had such a classic response though, I lift my hands up to protect my face and kept on walking. The paparazzi are after me!

1 comment: