Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Bad Habit


Keeping things real here, lets address my drinking behaviour. I party here in Maastricht every now and then; I know, you would have never guessed. And when I do some people find it unfair/irritating that it is somewhat difficult to tell when I'm drunk. There aren't any usual telltale signs such as me getting overly loving or aggressive. I may agree to things I normally wouldn't, I say yes more often than I would otherwise. For example:

X: "Mia, do you want to com and watch a football match, Germany vs Norway, tomorrow"
Mia: "Sure! I'd love to"
I don't forget things like keys or phones nor do I get lost. But I drink and text. Here again it's disturbing when I text I just get a bit more sarcastic and manage to write grammatically correct so people don't realise the extent of my drunkenness. It's not something completely idiotic but also not something I would do if not under the influence, when I remember in the morning what I've texted I tend to laugh. They would make a great book though.

Last night's party was excellent. A lot of people showed up so drinking games didn't actually feature that prominently (too many people to get any kind of discipline or grab everyone's attention) but there were some rules I'd set in the beginning that people had to obey. There rules were as follows:


  1. If you complain about the music you must take one shot

  2. You must refer to everyone by their nationality, not their name. If you forget -> drink

  3. If you mention anything university-related you must go to the naughty corner and take a shot

  4. You can only swear by saying perkele, vittu or saatana. Failure to comply will lead to you taking a shot

  5. Whenever you hear a song by Britney or Kanye West you must drink

This worked fabulously, people got used to the name thing pretty quickly. Some countries were a bit difficult as there were like 5 Germans and 3 Romanians but they had numbers in addition to natiolity. I myself broke rule nr 4 the most... I can't swear in Finnish. In the naughty corner people had to act/ask questions that were of rather sexual nature, a lot of fun. Overall, a memorably party.

On a non-party related note, I must write down a conversation I had with Deborah. I was standing next to her and as it happens, her face is at level with my boobs (= she's shorter than me). I then said "This must be familiar to you from childhood..." To which Deborah replies "No actually I was a bottlechild from early on." My love to Deborah, lovely German girl who I quite often laugh at, not with.


As you can tell I'm at a pretty up-beat mood. I also got an email from my thesis supervisor about the research proposal I did one afternoon, day before the deadline. It passed and he didn't even have criticism about it. Hahahahahahahaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment