Sunday 1 February 2009

Loveletter

I just said goodbye to a really good friend of mine, Silvia. She was here in Maastricht on Erasmus and now it's over. She's flying back tomorrow and I just had to say goodbye today because I couldn't stop the tears and I didn't want for it to become anymore difficult for her tomorrow... But it's horrible to see her go. She's been such a big part of my life here. I see her so often at her house, she's such an amazing person with whom we always had so much fun. We've gone through the same relationship troubles and everything... We were like our own little Sex and the City. She's so open, unassuming, beautiful, intelligent and funny. I sometimes find it hard to believe I've found so many great people here, there are only a few gems in this world and she is definately one of them.

I first was rational about her departure. Logic says of course I will see her again. It was great for me to meet her and that eventually chances are that I will say goodbye to the most of the people here. Then I wrote on this book where she collects like well-wishes of her friends and I got really emotional. So I tried to stay positive, cheer her up because she was quite sad and I just wanted her to feel better. But now that I left her place and said the final goodbye, it was so difficult. I'm feeling sad for her because I knew she would have liked to stay and that when she goes back people won't understand what she left behind and will just assume she'll resume her life as normal. But I'm also kind of lost myself, what will my life be like without her?

Other things seem trivial. I will resume writing about silly things once I get over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment