Sunday 28 September 2008

Past events

A lot happened during past week. Firstly the awful event in Finland came as a bit of a shock. My sister goes to that school, just a different branch 40km away. My reaction is actually something like anger at the shooter, disbelief that this could happen again in Finland, sadness for the victims and shock and fear for my sister. I think gun laws in Finland should most definately be tightened now, I don't care if they take the right to carry arms from everyone except the police.

Obviously the day it happened I wasn't my most productive moods but still managed to work on our presentation. We finally held it on Thursday and it was really good, I think we might even get a really good grade for it.

Then I invited some people over on Friday and that was really nice. I love having people around and we just drink and chill and have a laugh. So I might repeat that soon.

On Saturday Marttiina asked me to go to Brussels with her and so we did. It was cool to just decide to go there, it only cost 18 euros for return. To put it into perspective, it cost less than a return trip from Lohja to Helsinki... And so there we walked around, did some shopping. We met up with Tuomas who I know from Copenhagen times and he had a friend with him, Eeva. So Tuomas went to sleep and we took Eeva shopping with us. Good times.

On the way back the border control came to check our passports, I didn't have mine so I just game my driving's license... And then the police started to argue that it's not enough so I gave my Finnish sickness insurance card (because it is also official and has my name and picture). I also explained him I live in Maastricht and go to the university here and also showed my student card. By this time another policeman had come over and he saw my driving's license and was all like "Hey, it's Finland. It's okay". So it felt nice to be Finnish at that point...

Thankfully I made it home and today I intend to go to the city with Ginta and Kalina and have some hot chocolate. Apparently Kalina knows this place that has really good variety of different hot chocolate flavours and it got all us girls drooling over it. Kalina also invited Per but said regretfully that they don't serve any beer there to which Per said that he does drink other stuff as well...

So all is well and I'm happy, not the least because I now have a decent pair of flat shoes to wear to the shoeheel-killer streets of Maastricht.

No comments:

Post a Comment