Monday 25 January 2010

Cars

Now I'm not a fan of driving. I'm actually quite scared of driving cars. I blame it on my sight, not having proper stereovision means that I lack depth-perception. Quite inconvenient when I'm driving, trying to watch 3D-films or indeed playing any sort of precision game.

I have always however liked cars. They've been talked about a lot, dad knows a bit about them and then coming from a family of taxi-drivers, cars have always been around.

So I enjoy watching Top Gear for example. Or reading reviews for new cars.

Today I started a new course at uni, motoring journalism. And it's absolutely fascinating! We looked at the car industry, how it's developed, the challenges it's facing etc. It also includes bits of economics and politics so I like it even more. I got a kick out of them using terms like economies of scale and FDI and me knowing what they meant.

I'm wondering whether this is just initial enthusiasm or whether it's something I could look into as a future profession.

But then I wonder how successful of a motoring journalist can I be without driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment