Monday 29 June 2009

Things that make me write

Funny how it always seem to be the negative things that make me pick up my virtual pen and write an entry here. I've been having a perfectly wonderful time recently but have not really felt like writing about it here. I've restrained myself not only because of lack of time but also because I have a feeling it might come out slightly derogative and I would not want to condense the happy times in a few sentences like: I had a lovely time, met lovely people etc.

But what sparked my motivation to write tonight is that I was researching for my thesis - yes, the motivation is slowly creeping in, happily coinciding with the approaching deadline - and discovered an anomaly. Looking through Finnish books on the topic of my dissertation I discovered that my local library, Lohja's library, actually is as well stocked as Helsinki University's library. Extremely odd, don't you think? Given that there are about as many students at Helsinki University as there are inhabitants in my hometown.

Generally things are pretty much the same as ever. Still no definate plans for the rest of the summer, situation with the parents is still... flammable, avoiding thesis and so forth. I have no job for the summer so I've been pretty active with selling loads of stuff at the flea market. The things people buy, honestly... The crappiest things always get sold first. I'm happy I just leave my stuff there and don't have to see the people who buy it or I might sigh everytime they make a stupid purchase. But as long as the money keeps pouring in I'm not one to complain...

I've also been *horrible* with keeping in touch with people so if you consider yourself a close friend of mine and haven't heard from me, don't take it personally. It's just that not being online 10 hours a day cuts down my correspondence a lot. So all my love to everyone and have a lovely July if I don't get to say it to you personally.

Love you much.

No comments:

Post a Comment