Friday 13 March 2009

Surreal

Lately my life has felt surreal, as if I was having an out of body experience. I find it hard to believe some things are actually happening to me. Without going into details, I'm particularly upset about one thing but here's where my amazing friends help me. Suvi for example heard about my distress and booked a flight to Maastricht the same day. That's devotion. So with friends like mine life can't be too bad even at its worst.

On Tuesday I went to Brussels with my fellow students. It was an amazing trip, had really a lot of fun. The lectures themselves weren't too thrilling, further proving the point that being a Brussels eurocrat is not for me, but the people were so funny. The story about the trouble of getting to Brussels has been told so many times that I will not expand on it further than by telling that due to the drivers not having documents/licenses we had to wait at a Belgian service station for 4 hours, making the normally 2 hour trip last for 6 hours. But what's better than being stuck in a bus with your best friends in the middle of nowhere. Proper bonding I tell you.

Aside from schoolwork I have not much to do, so I look forward to St Patrick' day and then Suvi's arrival on the 20th. In her honour I'm doing a party with an animal theme, we even intend to decorate the house like a jungle... All to keep my mind happily occupied elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment