Tuesday 22 September 2009

First impressions

Here I am, back again! As I'm trying to diversify my vocabulary, I won't use lovely but instead will announce that my time in Cardiff has so far been absolutely sublime. I met a wonderful group of people already at the bus on the way to Cardiff. My flatmates in our cabin-like "cosy" rooms are marvellous, I've got Mark from the States and Damien from China who are completely adorable. I haven't felt lonely for a second whilst I've been here and tonight was the first time I stayed in because I reasoned to myself going out six nights in a row is not good for my wallet nor my liver but I still would've loved to have joined the peeps at our local pub that we already adore.

I won't go on longer on general wonderfulness, on a more factual note my course seems to be rather intense, I've already got homework and can only expect them to increase as the days pass by. It appears to be extremely organised, useful and impressive on all accounts so I should keep reading this post later on when I become exhausted by it all.

So far everyone has assumed me to be British so I suppose my confidence on my language abilities is back on the rise. I hope to become a bad-ass journalist just to annoy my thesis supervisor. Well, maybe not just because of that.

Anyways, I'm off to get my well-deserved rest if I may say so myself and will commence writing on this space as soon as I find the time and motivation to do so. I'm guessing either that my enthusiasm for writing will increase over time as I develop as a writer or I wish never to see a keyboard on my freetime for the rest of the course. You'll be the judge on which is the better option. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment