Friday 3 April 2009

Transposition & the Island

Karma is a bitch. As it has been evident all year long, studying has not been high up on my list of priorities. So it serves me right that for the past few weeks I've done nothing but. After about six weeks of rather leisurely existence with not much school to worry about, the deadlines kicked in, big time. Without going into details of how many papers and exams I've had to do, it has kept me up until 4am, made me stay at the library from opening to closing and, worst of all, made me dream about transposition.

Whilst normal people have no idea what transposition means, I know it by heart now. And please, don't even think about asking me for a definition. Believe me, it is nothing interesting. And coming from me who makes my friends remember all the member states of EU by heart and haves quizzes about them, that's saying someting.

So this sudden episode of my life, back to shool: the revenge, has pretty much denied me of any social life. Today when I met up with friends to have a few drinks and enjoy the weather, I actually jumped out of joy for the fact that I was out of the house and not doing school-related stuff. Enjoying weather stems from the fact that it is about 20 degress here in Maastricht. I heard in Finland it's still below zero...

Thankfully things are brightening up. Tomorrow there are supposedly parties of some sort to celebrate the end of hibernation, on Saturday there is a dinner & drinks with friends. On Sunday I am actually going back to the island. I got an interview at Cardiff University on Monday for their journalism program. So because there aren't really any good connections from Maastricht to Cardiff it's turning out to be a bit of holiday for me, I fly on Sunday morning and come back on Tuesday. I quite look forward to not only seeing what's Wales all about but also going on a holiday all by myself.

And, don't tell this to anyone but I am actually really excited about being back on the island!! Shhhh!

1 comment: