Thursday 16 April 2009

Cardiff



Future almost sorted out now. Cardiff informed me today that I'm first on their reserve list, essentially the first one they'll contact if one of the people on the firm offers list turns down their offer. The really amazingly wonderfully nice woman at the administration even added that every year people get in from the reserve list, just the numbers vary. But given that I have priority it's pretty much certain that I get in. How amazing is that?

Obviously I won't exactly book a ticket yet, the others have to confirm their places by May 1st so I assume after that there will be some definate answers either way. But if all goes to plan in late September I will return to the island. If nothing else, it should make for a few good blog posts about my frustration with the bureaucracy and companies that I have happily forgotten now...

I hope going there will change my life from the crappy soap opera it is at the moment into more like a sitcom. My first choice of student hall is an all-female hall, apparently dubbed as the Virgin Megastore. Whilst Cardiff as a city seems to boast quite a few rugby players... I think this seems like a promising combination. Can't wait.

1 comment: