Thursday 7 May 2009

Eurovision

It's only 9 days away. And I have the fever already. I keep listening to past and current entries, following news about Finland's Eurovision entourage's adventures, talking about it to every single person I meet, posting links on my facebook page. Essentially I'm so immersed in it that everybody must hate me. You can't get me to talk about anything else these days. With my head injury and everything everybody has been really nice. I've had visitors come over and to keep me entertained they've watched videos with me. I bet most people thank heavens that Eurovision is only once a year.

The whole head-thing has provided plenty of amusement over the week. Admittedly I may have over-dramatised it, I have lived a cushioned life and have only broken one toe and had a few stitches in my head once before. Like a friend of mine pointed out, we Europeans have it easy. And aside from the few days of discomfort that immediately followed, the only nuisance about it now is the disgusting state of my hair. I can't wash the hair around the cut so as to not to dilute the glue until saturday so it's nasty. But for example yesterday we had our last tutorial and needed to present an article that I had not read. So I gave a presentation on it and when I felt that I was not making sense anymore I just said "I have a head injury, I cannot be held accountable". Works like a charm.

But once this week is over I will have finished my last remaining uni assignments aside from my thesis and can resume my normal hair-styling routine. Next week we have the two Eurovision semi-finals, Gala for the European Studies students, Bachelor party for a friend of mine and then to end a brilliant week, the Eurovision final. A brilliant last week in Maastricht I tell you. Then the week after that my sister and parents are driving here to pick me up and I'll be leaving Maas for good. So I'm making the most out of Maas while I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment