Friday 12 December 2008

I'm one of these people that...

...needs to have something to look forward to. Preferably the sooner the better. Preferably something new every day. At the moment I've got nothing except flying back home to Finland which feels like ages away even though it's in 4 days. The paradox here though is that the lower your expectations, the better it will most likely be. So for example when you think you're just having tea with your girls and it turns out into this crazy party night that will be the legendary night you look back at.

...needs people around me. In the beginning when I moved away from home I thought living with flatmates would just be temporary thing before I make enough money to move alone. Now I feel that even if I would have the chance to move to a place of my own, I'd rather live with a friend or even friendS. In Finland having flatmates is perceived to be something negative but outside its borders I think it is a rather common occurance. I really love having people around me and someone to talk to all the time; with whom I can have fun just spontaneously without having to make arrangements to meet. On the flipside, I do like the independence of living semi-alone as I do now (I don't really talk to my flatmate nor is he around much), that way I don't have to leave a party at the same time nor do I need to explain why I came home at a certain hour.

...turns to blogging as a form of procrastination. I have an exam in 4 days, I really should start reading. But I just can't without inspiration and it just is lacking big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment