Saturday 1 November 2008

Halloween


Yesterday we had a party at Kalina's, celebrating Halloween. Getting ready for the party was such a hassle, you would not believe. I was doing the make up for the girls and it seemed like a never-ending flow of them. :D At the same time they were decorating the house and it was just busy all day long. We had some brilliant costumes:

Kalina was French

Silvia was catwoman

Barbara was Amy Winehouse (practically her twin, so look-a-like!)

Paula was Cleopatra's mummy

Francesca was a dark queen

and I was Russian.


As my costume was not necessarily obvious to everyone, I tried to speak with a Russian accent the whole night... I really got into my character and at one point I saw the Ghostbusters, Amy Winehouse introduced me as Natasha who's looking for a husband. So I kiss them on the cheeks, and start off the conversation by telling how wonderfully rich they have to be from the Ghostbuster movies. The poor guys actually thought I was Russian and got rather uncomfortable, one of the trying to make conversation and everything... It was so funny! So I let go off the accent for a while and introduced myself as myself.
Overall people put a lot of effort into their costumes, way more than in Newcastle. Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment