Saturday 16 August 2008

Everything always works out


First I should probably knock on wood for saying this, but it's funny how everything always seems to work out for the best. I was preparing to go to Maastricht with no place to live and then out of the blue I get an email saying that I've got a room from a flat that has a view of the river (it's one of the ones showing on the background of the picture. I think...). So basically perfect location. And then after some email exchanging it seems that I'm sharing it with a very nice Dutch guy so not only do I need to share it with only one person, he seems really nice. And I might learn some Dutch. Currently my impression of the Dutch language is a mix of Danish and hissing sounds that a snake makes when it's attacking...

Now I only need to get the money for it, Newcastle sent me the diploma so late that I won't probably be able to get the official letter from Maastricht in time to send it to KELA in order to get my grants and loans in order. Which is crap, but I'm hoping I'll be able to sweet-talk my bank into giving it to me somehow.

Had another IB-reunion few days ago, it's nice that we still bother to meet up. Though there were all the girls from my class and only one guy; it seems reminiscing isn't for the fellas.

Also spent the entire last week travelling around Finland interviewing people for the project I'm doing at work. It was really cool, I love the job I'm doing. The travelling not so much. I counted that it was the 22nd aeroplane I've been on since January...

Today is the only day I haven't got anything major booked. My friend Riikka is leaving to Sweden so we're holding a farewell party but that's in Lohja and later tonight so I've got the whole day to just chill and learn to play the new Heroes V we got. Next weekend I'm getting a good start on EU stuff when I attend Eurooppanuorten Linnaseminaari. It should be good, they've got former foreign minister, MEP and a minister for EU coming there to hold talks. There's also a EU-simulation, I've been assigned to a position that's pretty much perfect but I'm sensing it was assigned to me because they thought it less important and not knowing me decided to just let me do something. It's going to be like Bulgaria all over again, you never saw it coming. ;)

And then on the night of August 26th I leave to Maastricht. We're driving there with my mom so I get to take lots of stuff with me. And since we're driving through Sweden we also get to go say hi to Riikka since Norrköping is on the way to Trelleborg anyway. :) So yay, all is ready for my grand arrival to the Nether-Netherland.

No comments:

Post a Comment