Thursday 22 July 2010

Time to call it quits

I'm writing this on a genuine old-school notepad on a flight to Helsinki. With three degrees in the bag, five years spent abroad behind me, the day day which I swore would never come is finally upon me.

Whilst I've never been the one to long for my native country when I'm abroad (quite the opposite some times) - I have finally, however, come to the conclusion that staying in Finland doesn't equal defeat.

I now only dread for the future. Will I settle down, get a job, find a boyfriend, move in, get married, have kids and end up looking at the past five years as mere youth's folly?

I don't know the future but this blog has come to the end of its life-cycle. With adulthood looming around the corner I won't turn this into a ranting space for "what's to become of me?" or "why can't I get a job?" You'll get enough of that from me face to face.

Good luck for everyone studying abroad. It was the best decision I ever made. Now I only hope the rest of my life can rival it.

1 comment:

  1. when you have kids and being a mother of 5
    don't forget to send me photos of you
    milking them ;)

    ReplyDelete