Wednesday 3 March 2010

Future

February-March always seems to bring up the f-word.

Future. What am I going to do with my life?

I will soon have two postgraduate degrees so it's about time I enter the working world. And I'm quite happy to do so.

The question is, what will I do? Where do I go?

Well, to be honest, I know what I want to do. Get elected as a member of the European Parliament. But the question is more about what do I want to do before that.

I applied to my pretty much ideal job at The Economist so fingers crossed I get that. Ideally I think I would like to work in London or Brussels where I have friends. And I would want to work with something that combines the EU, writing and online content.

I suppose I should do what everyone else does and just apply everywhere. It's just that I really need to love what I do order to do it well. I would rather move somewhere completely new, where I don't know anyone and do a job I love than just settle with something.

I'm not a settler.

Do you know a place where they'd hire a megalomaniac EU journalist?

No comments:

Post a Comment