Thursday 15 January 2009

Back in Maas

Feels like I've been back for ages when in fact it has only been two weeks. But so far it has been really nice to catch up with all my darling friends and the parties have been abundant. So much so that I have actually relished the few nights of non-events.

Also the 15 bottles of alcohol that I brought with me are almost gone. Not that I drank all of them myself - I have been a very good friend and have promoted Finnish alcohol to the extent that I have converted quite a few. Minttuviina (mint vodka) remains a crowd pleaser but also new favourites such as kissanminttu (mint & chocolate liquer) and raspberry cider have emerged.

In February when Maastricht goes crazy over carneval me and Kali are going to Finland. Not to draw any links with the alcohol but since our previous plans fell through we have now decided on that. We'll go on a cruise and then make a little trip to see Suvi in Tartu. So much fun to be had.

My mom will be coming to visit me next weekend, an event sparked by the fact that my laptop broke and she will bring me a new one. I can't buy a new one here in the Netherlands as I need a Finnish keyboard. Not that I write in Finnish a lot but since my lastname involves these lovely letters (which I can't now write because I'm using library computer) it would be a bit of a hassle.

Without my laptop I feel isolated from the world and need to keep myself occupied all the time because going home would be useless as I have nothing to do there except sleep. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment